The time of reckoning is upon us. Two qualified American Idol contestants will walk the Seacrestian Plank of Doom tonight, bidding farewell to the program that has momentarily made them household names. Disco night will be the death of a duo of singers, this we know, but who will those singers be? In a world where justice reigns supreme, a world where crime and villainy hold no stature, Lil Rounds would be one of the two departing American Idol contestants. Unfortunately, the Idol voters know not the joy and satisfaction of truth, and could very well eliminate two very good contestants like Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta. I have pegged Lil and Anoop Desai for elimination, but I would not bet more than a halfpence on either. The potential for fireworks and anarchy and complete bedlam is there tonight. In any case, it will be fun.Hang out with me for an hour or so. We'll engage in some friendly banter, make fun of Paula Abdul's faulty metaphors, and generally make the best of American Idol's Results Show. If reading along with some charalatan's banal live thoughts doesn't interest you (and I understand if it doesn't), I invite you to click on one of the below links.
Caught the last couple minutes of Lie to Me. Not very impressed. You are better than this, Tim Roth. THIS IS AMERICAN IDOL!!!
The dramatic opening video package is once again scored to ominous orchestral music. Basically, it's just a recap of the judges' comments for each of the Top 7.
Seacrest opens the live portion of tonight's program on stage, hair well-parted, looking he just got beamed down from space. The crowd is going wild, and Seacrest welcomes the crowd with a "Happy Earth Day," which immediately quiets everyone.
The Bane of My Existence, aka David Archuleta, will be performing tonight. So, we'll all have a little fun with that. I think I'll give him a full critique, just for old times' sake.
Oh, wow. We see a video of Paula Abdul teaching the Top 7 their choreography for tonight's group song. And in the middle there's a shameless promotion for iTunes. I don't even want to discuss it. Why even bother to make it look like it happen randomly.
The group song begins and the Top 7 are all wearing old school disagree, which is kind of cool, I guess. And, they've stopped with the nonsense - they don't even have microphones now and just lip-syncing. This is like bad high-school theater. You shouldn't teach complex choreography to non-pro dancers. Maybe this is a clever viral promotion of FOX's upcoming Glee.
Wednesday, 22 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment